Walk with Him Wednesdays

Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 3, 2020

 September, finally! Fall is just around the corner! I am looking forward to cooler temperatures and maybe less humidity.  Tupelo Marathon is 3 days away. I am not ready, but no matter, going to run it.  Training for Tupelo involves hills, heat, and humidity. In those three areas, I am ready.  I printed out a 5:45 pace bracelet. I do have an out, at the midway point , I can opt to finish. I doubt I will cut my run short. Running is such a mental sport, and I am just crazy enough to finish.  This race last year nearly did me in. However, it was number 9 and this year it is number 1.  Tahoe Marathon is just 4 weeks away now.  Ahhh, running in the mountains, in Nevada and California. It just doesn't get much better!


Are y'all tired of the pandemic yet?  I certainly am! I made about 160 masks for family and friends. If I never see another one, it will be way too soon!  My husband and daughter never stopped working, so I never stopped babysitting the grands.  I am relieved that school is back in session. A sense of normalcy in the chaos.  


I had a decent herb garden this year.  I really like dill and cilantro!  I dried a lot, used more.  I also made sage and rosemary bundles to burn.  And, tomatoes...oh the tomatoes!  I planted two traditional tomato plants and two cherry plants.  The cherry sized tomatoes did amazing, the others, not so much.  The plants were over 6 feet tall!  Caterpillars are feasting on them now.  I am okay with this, I ran out of recipes.  Best thing I made was a roasted cherry tomato pizza.  YUMMY!  Need to figure out how to grow the herbs inside.  




No comments:

Post a Comment