Walk with Him Wednesdays

Monday, January 23, 2012

New Year Resolution Putter-Offer

I did not make the skirt to match the cast, but it works.  So many plans for the New Year, put on hold by one very small patch of ice and too tall shoes.  Friday the 13th, usually a wonderful day for me, I slipped on ice in my shape-up shoes.  Ankle broken in three places, surgery, 1 plate, 10 pins, no putting weight on it for at least 6 weeks...UGH!  The funniest thing about the day must have been my "crab-walk" back to the house, climbing up the front porch stairs, and finally getting back into the house.  I would love to see a video...well, maybe not.  Friday the 13th ended very early that day.  My last memory is the doctor saying he would have to reset the ankle, which sent me into a panic....thank God for medicines that make you forget.  I remember nothing from about 10am that day until the 15th....mercy is sweet!  Why yellow?, you may ask....I have decided to "make lemonade".

~Melissa

Be still and know that I am God ~ Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment