Walk with Him Wednesdays

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Marathon #11

I had chosen to do a 50k for my November marathon.  Dizzy 50s was my 2018 goal race, thought I could do it again. I fell early, like around mile 2. I just wasn't feeling it after that, like at all. I didn't even really try. Somewhere along the south loop of this course the finishers were starting their final loop.  I wasn't going to be able to make up the time and finish under 9.  Sadly, I really didn't care.  Since I had told David I didn't feel ready and seeing how I was struggling, David met me at the finish with another race suggestion.  He had gotten me this far, he wasn't ready to let me give up.  So, off we went to southern Mississippi to Stennis Space Center.  This course is pancake flat!  Another loop race through the space center.  The course is kind of boring, but I think it was just what I needed at the time.  I finished around 6:11, long after most people, but I finished.  Mississippi is hot in November, by the way. We went to the beach after race. All races should have a water feature at the end!  Because we were so close, I also got a New Orleans weekend out of the deal.  Only one more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment