Walk with Him Wednesdays

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Marathon #9

I didn't realize where I had left off.  Let me finish this.  Marathon number 9 was in Tupelo, Mississippi, in September.  This was the one I was most worried about, because of the heat and humidity.  The race, thankfully, started at 5am. That being understood, I should have been finished before 11am. Not the case. This race was hard, really hard.  Not sure why, but it nearly killed me.  I ended up with blisters, huge blisters, on both, yes, both, feet!  I walked the last 7 miles with another runner. We finished around the 6:30 mark.  We weren't last, but we were close.  We did get our medals, yay!  The 5am start was really nice, still dark, but cool temperatures.  The course is mostly through farmland back roads. There were a lot of hills, not so bad going out, torture on the return. This is an out and back course.  Those who ran the "half" got an extra 1.1 miles as the turn around point was not the finish line.  My husband met me around mile 13 to take my lights and give me my cooling towel. That was much appreciated!  Although, or maybe because, this race nearly took me out, I am running it again this year.  I absolutely love the shirt and medal! Besides what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment