1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII. Pictures to follow.) Mom won an award for picture taken during a flood.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? Dad, brothers, step-brothers, uncles on dad's side, cousin and her husband on mom's side, both grandfathers. My family has been represented in every conflict America has been in involved with.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you. Watching our flag wave in the breeze.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality? First born. I am not sure if I can blame personality flaws on birth order.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. Toughness
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? I prefer jeans and a tee most days, skirts if I am feeling girly.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep? I wake several times, try to bore my self back to sleep.
8. Share a favorite movie quote. "Don't be so stupid, of course we intend to resist!" Oliver Platt in Three Muskateers
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? For September (and most of the year), apple; October and November, pumpkin.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? Cosby, Tn, "On Cosby Fest" camping, crafts, old time cars...perfection
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently. My secret sister at church surprised me with a very nice and meaningful card.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? Met my mother-in-law after attending a wedding with my husband. I liked her immediately! Our wedding was 8 months later.
2nd Cup of Coffee