Wednesday, April 21, 2010
It's the Great Link-Up You've Been Waiting For
Actually, it's the same as every week, but YOU try naming your meme posts something clever every week. Sheesh!
1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?" All the time, I renew online, it doesn't go through, I forget about books. I used to keep detailed lists, but that's just too much work.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? I try to follow the Rudoph Day gift plan guide. I like to make fabric bags to be more "green".
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? The 1989 tornado that hit Huntsville, AL. Guy I was dating at the time was at ground zero. Looked like guns had gone off in business!
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? hmmm....I have his greatest hits, love him!....maybe "Looks like we made it"...
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? I don't do costumes...make them though...3rd daughter was a very cool pirate, and 1st granddaughter was a beautiful spanish dancer...may have been the same year
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? dictionary...more specifically, dictionary.com
7. What's your favorite breakfast food? Just one?!?!?! ummm, then, BACON!
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? nope, but bought a few things I saw on tv....water globes for my plants work very well!
9. Have you ever crawled through a window? yep
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? not really, you can certainly be attracted at first sight, but love requires knowledge and commitment to that knowledge.
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own? 7, love my Levis!
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") I recently saw a sewing machine cake...that would be awesome, or Duff and his crew could make me a cake inspired by the "Secret Garden", my favorite book.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Yesterday I bought herb plants for my barrel. I am planting dill, oregano, thyme, tarragon, basil, chives, and marjoram. I wouldn't have thought about the tarragon, but I sent the Wubby to the store to get some and they didn't have any. So I will try the Tarragon Chicken recipe, with tarragon this time, at a later date. I also put my brand new composting bin in place, so exciting to have a dedicated spot for all my scraps! We battled the poison ivy, and seem to have won...for the moment. Wubby moved one of our bushes and will be moving another later today. The landscaping, if you can call it that, leaves MUCH to be desired. Everything around our beautiful front porch is green, majorly boring! We are putting the japenese boxwood in a row along our eastern property line. There are 7 to move. The one moved looks so nice already! I had a long talk with her, trying to convince her that this move was in her best interest...more space to move and breathe. Well, now, must move on to working on the menu plan...it is menu plan Monday.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Spring is finally here! Of course, this also means pollen, and this week the pollen count was off the scale! I spent Tuesday afternoon at the local botanical gardens, big mistake. Yes, it was beautiful, warm, peaceful, but I haven't had a voice since Wednesday. All's good, though. I am so glad it's warm and sunny again!