Walk with Him Wednesdays

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Rudolph Day!

It's the first Rudolph Day of the year.  I love these days set aside once a month to focus on Christmas. I found Rudolph Day on OrganizedChristmas.com when I was looking for a way to have the Christmas-y feeling all year.  It has worked!  I always start my day with "A Charlie Brown Christmas."  I appreciate Linus' quoting of Luke Chapter 2.  Then on to Christmas music, fulfilling the task from OrganizedChristmas , making some cookies, or a pumpkin pie and coffee in one of my Christmas mugs.  A Christmas craft is a must!  I made this bag to hold my Rudolph Day paraphernalia.


I found a coloring page I liked and cut it apart, and used them as patterns to cut the felt, fleece, and satin, I used.

I used felt for the for the face, eyes, and ears; fleece for the antlers; red satin for the nose, then decided it wasn't shiny enough, so I added the sequins.  I did use wonder under to attach all the parts, but then thought the face would stay on better with some hand sewing.  I liked the look and finished the rest of Rudolph. I did straight stiches for his nose and mouth, and french knots (which I am no good at) for his freckles. A bit of piping, three bells and Voila, a fun bag I get to play with once a month.  I keep ongoing small projects in it, and of course, my binder...just so I can claim I am organized. hehe

I hope you like him too!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment