Walk with Him Wednesdays

Friday, September 27, 2019

Marathon #5 and Looking for Motovation

The Flying Pig

This marathon is now my favorite race! So much fun! From flames at the start, winged pigs along the course, games to play, and the amazing medal at the finish.  This was my first race as an official "Marathon Maniac".  I didn't realize the high expectations that come with that shirt, as I haven't run hundreds of marathons.  Thousands of people run this race. The city is completely involved.  I was never alone, as is the case in most races.  The flaming start was really cool. We started in Ohio, ran across river into Kentucky, and back after a few miles.  Along 7th avenue there was a pig....,with wings!!!! Of course, I petted him!  The volunteers made this race so much fun.  Lots of chocolate, candy and sweets.  When the we split from the half marathoners, there were mimosas waiting. How fun. If I had stopped at every beer table, I would've been drunk by the end.  I waited until mile 25.  There were aid stations with candy, gatorade, water, sunscreen, and cold wet towels. By far my favorite was around mile 18...BACON!  It doesn't get any better than bacon! Temperatures were perfect. Course was amazing. I will definitely do this one again!

As far as motivation, I am burned out, mentally, not physically. Not sure what I need to do. I am hoping going over the last few marathons will inspire me to get back out there. I have 3 left as of this month.

Keeping it real,
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment