Walk with Him Wednesdays

Friday, September 27, 2019

Marathon #6 and mini vacation


Whitefish Point Marathon
Paradise, MI


While choosing marathons for this adventure, I first tried to stay fairly close to home. Then I ran a half last September, the heat and humidity nearly did me in. Decided then I needed to find cooler places to run in the summer.  Where is colder than Michigan?!?! I chose this one as it is the furthest north I could find.  The race is and out and back, from Paradise to Whitefish Point Lighthouse.  The race itself was kinda boring.  The mosquitoes were huge and plentiful.  Thankfully, I had been warned. I ran this one with a lady from Michigan who was running her first marathon.  I enjoyed her company.  Race medal is a rock from the shores of lake Superior.  Aiden gave me a bigger rock from same shore, with a personal message, I liked it better.

The mini vacation part was way more fun!  We got Aiden into four of the five great lakes, searched for Petoskey Stones in Petoskey, climbed the dunes at Sleeping Bear, and went through Hell (MI) to get to Paradise.  We also biked around Mackinac Island.  I would love to go back and just hang out...with loads of mosquito spray, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment