Walk with Him Wednesdays

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy 2012!  I hope we all have a wonderful year ahead of us.  I will be trying to get this blog thing down.  I have loads of ideas, but have always had problems with follow through.  I have enjoyed so many of the blogs out there in bloggy-land!  My favorites are A Holy Experience, Ann Voskamp's site.  I found this site when I googled "how to get closer to God".  A daily must read.  The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond's site.  I found her by looking at another blogger's favorites.  I have cooked her "Perfect Pot Roast" (it is!), creamy mashed potatoes, and most recently her "Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders"...omg they were good!  Craft Hope, in 2010 when my daughter introduced me to blogs, I always managed to catch this site to late to participate.  This past year, I paid better attention.  I was able to make and send for each project.  Such a satisifying craft year!  These are just three, I read way to many each day....but I love what everyone has to share!  I am currently going through one of the text books I used with my children, "Writing for 100 days".  I hope to become a better writer, and in turn a better blogger.  I want to share some of my thoughts, craft ideas, and recipes I enjoy.  And maybe a bit of the silliness life has to offer.
These birds, known as Turkey Buzzards, are nesting in the pines across the street this year.  There are hundreds of them.  I saw one in a bird show a couple of years ago.  Very entertaining birds!  When we first moved into this house we left a huge ball in the yard, several of the birds played with it until it finally popped...so funny!


Tomorrow, I will let you know how I like using this Christmas gift.


~Melissa
Be still and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment