Walk with Him Wednesdays

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Down, But Not Out!

Having a broken ankle seriously slows me down.  I am not used to all this sitting, and not jumping up and running off to another project.  Thankfully Craft Hope has Project 16.  I was able to participate all last year, and the latest project came at just the right time.  Beanies and Bags for kids with cancer.  Right up my alley! 

My oldest daughter was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) when she was 11.  Being older, she was in a higher risk catagory.  She sailed through her chemo, no radiation was necessary.  We found out through the course of her treatment that she has a pelvic kidney, no more gymnastics for her.  She went through chemo for three years, much longer than kids do now.  Stopping the chemo was very scary for me, but she has not relapsed in almost 15 years.  She has given me two beautiful granddaughters.  I do not view our time with cancer as a negative, I am glad it is over, but our faith grew tremendously and so many people touched our lives.

I made hats for my daughter during her hairless days, big floppy, colorful hats.  The call from Craft Hope is for Beanies and Bags.  I have been crocheting like a mad woman, well not mad perhaps, determined. 
These are the first three I completed.  I am up to six, need to find more masculine patterns, as the first five definately look feminine.  I LOVE the cupcake hat!

If you are a crafter, please check out Craft Hope's website!  The talented crafters participating are from all over the world.  What a wonderful community to belong to!

~Melissa
Be still and know that I am God ~ Psalm 46:10 (guess I am really learning to "be still")
 

No comments:

Post a Comment